Boulder Lake Environmental Learning Center is funded by
- Minnesota Power
- St. Louis County Land & Minerals Department
- University of Minnesota Duluth
Boulder Lake Environmental Learning Center (BLELC) was established in 1994 and features a strong and unique partnership of University of Minnesota Duluth's College of Education and Human Service Professions, Minnesota Power, and Saint Louis County Land and Minerals Department.
Boulder Lake's 18,000-acre classroom is a regional leader in fostering connections to natural resource stewardship through education, research, and recreation. Annually BLELC and the outdoor recreation opportunities within its classroom serve more than 8,500 participants including K-12 students, college classes, post-graduate students, and community members from Northeast Minnesota, Northwest Wisconsin and areas across the upper-Midwest region. Boulder Lake's natural resources are managed by Minnesota Power, St. Louis County Land & Minerals Department, and the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources.
- Duluth Superior Area Community Foundation
- Lloyd K. Johnson Foundation
- Natural Resources Research Institute
- University of MN Extension
- Northeast MN Regional Sustainable Development Partnership
- Northeast Alliance of Telecommunications